These St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats are a crispy, gooey and delicious buttery treat filled with M & M’s! Each treat is dipped in sweet white chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Neither kids or adults will not be able to resist them!
I don’t do little. I mean…I don’t cut small pieces of cake. I don’t make small cookies. You’re NOT getting a small glass of wine at my house. My coffee cups are huge. And let’s get one other thing straight….I DO NOT make whimpy rice krispie treats.
When I decided to make these St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats, I knew they would be bakery-style. You know the ones I mean? The ones at Disney World or a really good candy store. They are always giant and topped with chocolate. YES! Those! 😋
I gotta tell you, I had a hard time finding St. Paddy’s Day sprinkles or even green sprinkles for that matter. Finally, after going to my third store I found some at Michael’s. Should have gone there first. In general, I think sprinkles are SO expensive. Totally going to start making my own, but that is a post for another day.
These treats were SO fun to make. They are silly-easy and are done in no time. Let me break it down for you.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a giant pot. Add vanilla.
- Pour in rice krispies and stir.
- Add M&M’s and stir.
- Pack mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Let cool one hour and slice.
- Melt white chocolate, dip treats one at a time and sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.
- Cool treats in refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
- Eat St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats or serve to guests!
The more M & M’s the better, I always say…
Pull them out of the pan and slice ’em up!
Dip! Dip! Dip!
St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 10-ounce bags mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups M & M candies
- 2 12-ounce bag candy melts or 11.5-ounce bags white chocolate chips If you're using white chocolate chips, add 2 tablespoons shortening before melting.
Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or glass baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
In a very large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
Add rice cereal and stir until combined. Add M&M's and stir until mixed evenly throughout.
Pour entire mixture into baking dish and press down with your hands until mixture is evenly packed. Let cool for 1 hour.
Pull foil out of pan and unwrap treats from foil. Cut into 12 even bars.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 25-second increments stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted.
Dip tops of treats into chocolate and set onto baking sheet lined with waxed paper. After dipping each treat, sprinkle with your choice of festive sprinkles. Refrigerate treats for about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Store treats covered with foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for no longer than two days. They can also be wrapped individually in plastic wrap.
Blog link parties I’m participating in: